|MPEG Video Wizard DVD|
February 2015 Update Release (184.108.40.206)
1.(BUG) Crashes during adding clip from monitor to timeline.
2.(BUG) DVD video chapter error and menu playback problem.
3.(BUG) Loss/mixed-up subtitle text items for DVD export.
4.(BUG) DVD subtitle color problem with VOB's without IFO file.
5.(BUG) Sound data inconsistency after random jumps.
6.(BUG) PTS calculation error for PCM audio packets in export.
7.(BUG) Crashes during DVD export for projects with resizing.
8.(BUG) no sound for projects longer than 6.4 hours.
9.(NEW) audio encoder selection for DVD menu background sound.
June 2014 Update Release (220.127.116.11)
1.(BUG) automatically disable video overlay for Windows 7/8.
2.(BUG) input monitor video frame accuracy after a cut.
3.(BUG) DVD chapter starts at images before the selected frame.
4.(BUG) failure to load (DTS) audio for M2TS file.
5.(BUG) incorrect background image for default DVD menu page.
6.(BUG) incorrect display for "small icon" view in project manager.
December 2013 Update Release (18.104.22.168)
1.(BUG) DVD export crash during data resizing.
2.(NEW) ".wav" audio input files for MPEG Muxer.
3.(BUG) image resizing error for Aspect-Ratio-Filter.
4.(BUG) DVD menu button settings for "stretch image" and "1st selection."
5.(BUG) export errors for re-encoded WBP clips.
6.(BUG) crash during layout change with an image in Input monitor.
7.(BUG) incorrect image resizing after a cropper operation.
8.(BUG) filter function and UI selections ("Pan" and "Cropper").
9.(BUG) error in video picture headers with unused motion vectors.
June 2013 Update Release (22.214.171.124)
1.(BUG) DVD preview loss of sync for files with PTS jumps.
2.(BUG) inconsistent file type selection for loading files.
3.(BUG) failure to open wav files with "ADPCM (MS)" encoding.
4.(BUG) failure to load H.264 video in non-MTS MPEG-2 TS files.
5.(BUG) "disabled" clip visible when the clip is seeked on timeline.
6.(BUG) sync problem for files with negative (-1 field) PTS jumps.
7.(BUG) no audio for video clips dragged into sound track(s).
8.(NEW) export volume modification at audio encoder settings.
9.(BUG) error in "pixel style" for "picture-in-picture" transition.
10.(BUG) length errors for multi-program MPEG-2 TS files.
11.(NEW) reset audio time when its completely offset with video.
12.(BUG) loss of (a few) ending frames for certain VOB files.
December 2012 Update Release (126.96.36.199)
1. (NEW) preserve input DVD subtitle color settings in DVD export.
2. (NEW) support video clips on the title (2nd) track.
3. (NEW) automatic opening of DVD Reader tool.
4. (BUG) A/V-sync problem for video files with data drops.
5. (BUG) incomplete loading of subtitle streams from DVD input.
6. (BUG) crash errors for certain MTS files.
7. (BUG) software key access for multiple users.
8. (BUG) error loading MPEG-2 video in MTS format files.
9. (BUG) clip length error in export batch from bookmark list.
10. (BUG) failure of importing MP4 audio in MPEG-2 TS files.
December 2011 Update Release (188.8.131.52)
1. (BUG) loss of repeated fields for re-encoded video.
2. (NEW) export image resize control for padding/clipping.
3. (BUG) loss of sound when AC-3 audio bit rate changed.
4. (BUG) two subtitle display and selection errors.
5. (BUG) player jumps to the end when video is shorter than audio.
6. (NEW) timeline workarea and bookmark pass-through of a WBP clip.
7. (BUG) incorrect frame rate selection for non-MPEG frame rate.
8. (BUG) export failure due to spurious audio track.
9. (BUG) crash for certain MP4 MOV files.
10. (BUG) incorrect default export audio encoder selection.
11. (BUG) DVD export resize failure for multiple audio.
September 2011 Update Release (184.108.40.206)
1. (BUG) failures for opening M2TS/AVCHD video files.
2. (BUG) incorrect frame rate for certain M2TS H.264 video files.
3. (BUG) export video error for certain re-encoded PAL segments.
4. (BUG) half speed audio for MOV file with mono sound track.
5. (BUG) errors for video with still images and large PTS jumps.
6. (BUG) reverse video error on the timeline.
7. (BUG) TS CBR export errors for buffer control and size estimate.
8. (BUG) seek failure for MP4 file with time offset.
9. (BUG) playback may end with a blank image display.
June 2011 Version Release (220.127.116.11)
1. (NEW) field display mode for Input monitor.
2. (BUG) AV sync problem for negative PTS jumps.
3. (BUG) incorrect frame rate for certain M2TS files.
4. (BUG) video playback stall for certain M2TS files.
5. (BUG) additional black frame at end of MP4 export.
6. (BUG) incorrect disk size error for burning ISO image.
7. (BUG) MOV file PCM sound error.
8. (BUG) DVD menu errors including image button display.
9. (BUG) timeline audio peak display error for wav audio files.
10. (NEW) increase max number of clips in timeline to 8,192.
March 2011 Version Release (18.104.22.168)
1. (BUG) cannot open HD TS files without PAT.
2. (BUG) sample rate conversion error for audio longer than 6 hours.
3. (NEW) display two subtitle texts simultaneously in Input monitor.
4. (BUG) allow more than 18 menu buttons on one DVD menu page.
5. (NEW) menu buttons for audio and subtitle selections.
6. (BUG) MPEG-2 Transport stream PTS time stamp errors.
7. (NEW) MPEG-2 Transport export with CBR control.
8. (BUG) loss of user data in GOP header for re-encoded video.
9. (NEW) direct import of some MTS (AVCHD) files (e.g., Canon).
October 2010 Update Release (22.214.171.124)
1. (BUG) unnecessary image resizing for MP4 export.
2. (BUG) DVD export crashes for certain VOB file with subtitle data.
3. (NEW) selection of audio transitions for all video transitions.
4. (BUG) incorrect decoded image for H.264 video with B-frames.
5. (BUG) failure to open video only MPEG (".mpv") files.
6. (BUG) DVD export resizing failure.
7. (NEW) audio transitions under the project effect listing.
August 2010 Update Release (126.96.36.199)
1. (BUG) premature stop of DVD subtitle text display.
2. (BUG) random seek error for certain MP4/H.264 files.
3. (BUG) timeline video length error when changing frame rate.
4. (BUG) incorrect offset for video clips on the timeline.
5. (BUG) incorrect length for audio MP3 VBR files.
6. (BUG) error in blending title clip with default transparency.
7. (BUG) zero length padding packet for MPEG-2 Program export.
8. (BUG) failure to open certain MP3 files.
9. (BUG) sample rate error for muted sound filling timeline gaps.
June 2010 Update Release (188.8.131.52)
1. (NEW) subtitle selection and language settings for DVD export.
2. (NEW) more audio format support for MP4, AVI, and MOV files.
3. (BUG) PTS offsets in VOB files with multiple angle video.
April 2010 Update Release (184.108.40.206)
1. (NEW) DVD subtitle data stream preservation for MPEG-2 PS export.
2. (NEW) DVD subtitle text display in the Input monitor.
3. (NEW) bookmark search functions for video file using external codec.
4. (NEW) multiple audio saving for "Trim" in the Input monitor.
5. (BUG) failure to load certain MPEG video without GOP headers.
6. (BUG) MPEG-2 Transport export audio PTS error.
7. (BUG) multiple audio stream ID assignment error in export.
8. (BUG) field count error for re-encoded video with repeated field.
9. (BUG) crash when loading movies with audio sample rate < 8 kHz.
10. (BUG) failure of MBS scan when the default path does not exist.
January 2010 Update Release (220.127.116.11)
1. (BUG) audio shift function error.
2. (NEW) cut function in the Input when using DirectShow filter.
3. (NEW) drag and drop files into MP4 Export batch.
4. (NEW) drag and drop files into MPEG Export batch.
5. (BUG) DVD menu error for invalid video chapter.
6. (BUG) DVD multiple audio stream ID selection error.
7. (NEW) enable audio normalization for all file types.
8. (BUG) unwanted image resizing for AVI export.
9. (NEW) HTML help document updated (~6.4 MB).
December 2009 Update Release (18.104.22.168)
1. (BUG) DVD export encoder selection errors.
2. (BUG) DVD export IFO error for PAL system selection.
3. (BUG) Loss of video after a random seek for certain MP4 files.
4. (BUG) Loss of audio when all 4 tracks have audio clips.
December 2009 Update Release (22.214.171.124)
1. (BUG) Unnecessary UAC requirement at every start.
2. (BUG) Incorrect encoder selection for batch export jobs.
3. (BUG) AV-Sync from PTS errors for DVB/DTV files with data drops.
4. (BUG) Unwanted image resizing for AVI export.
5. (BUG) DVD export size control failure to fit disc capacity.
6. (BUG) DVD crashes when WBP file missing video clip.
7. (BUG) PTS jump errors for non-VOB files with DVD data.
November 2009 Release
First release of the new MPEG Video Wizard DVD 5.0.
Main New Features:
1. Integration of licensed MainConcept MPEG-2 video encoder.
2. DVD Reader tool to import DVD video via IFO data.
3. DVD export size control to fit DVD disc capacity.
4. 'Video Overlay' transition to emulate 2 video tracks.
5. 'Aspect Ratio Converter' image filter for NTSC-PAL conversions.
June 2009 Update Release (4,0,4,114)
1. (BUG) DVD menu high light display problem, especial for 16:9 ratio.
2. (BUG) wrong length for MPEG-2 program files with bad GOP headers.
3. (BUG) open VOB file with a big chunk of junk data at its beginning (> 10MB).
4. (BUG) loss of user data in picture headers for re-encoded frames.
5. (BUG) open MP3 file with a big chunk of junk data at its beginning (> 128kB).
6. (NEW) loading of 192-byte packeted MPEG-2 TS file with MPEG-2 video (Humax).
March 2009 Update Release (4,0,4,113)
1. (BUG) Lost audio when loading 1st VOB file (e.g., VTS_01_1.vob).
2. (BUG) Incorrect length for MP3 VBR files.
3. (BUG) Failed to open TS files with PAT more than one packet.
4. (NEW) Added Tip of the Day.
5. (BUG) DVD menu high light display problem.
6. (BUG) DVD menu aspect ratio selection and display problem.
December 2008 Update Release (4,0,4,112)
1. (BUG) DVD export crashes when using user defined menu templates.
2. (NEW) Loop control for a video title.
3. (NEW) simple UI helper for adding video and selecting menu.
4. (BUG) mixing 5.1 AC-3 and stereo audio sound error.
5. (BUG) export progress UI display lost error.
6. (NEW) DVD menu timeout for starting movie after a time delay.
7. (NEW) added "Add Video" button for the Input monitor.
8. (BUG) timeline clip menu display error for audio peak selection.
September 2008 Update Release
1. (BUG) DVD crashes when loading previous project with missing files.
2. (BUG) video player crashes for MOV files with special audio track.
3. (BUG) reading AC-3 audio in a TS file with non standard PES ID.
4. (BUG) audio encode map error.
August 2008 Update Release
1. (NEW) DVD editor:
multiple video VTS export;
2. (BUG) minor bugs and feature enhancement to Timeline.
3. (BUG) minor bugs and feature enhancement to Export batch.
March 2008 Update Release
1. (BUG) DVD menu display and navigation data errors.
2. (BUG) DVD export crashes for some project with "End Action".
3. (BUG) DVD error for importing timelines longer than 20 hours.
4. (BUG) player crashes for using DirectShow filters.
5. (BUG) crash when "close all" in the middle of an export job.
6. (BUG) file format error for MPEG-2 Transport exports.
December 2007 Update Release
1. (NEW) undo/redo for the input monitor.
2. (NEW) editor project (.wbp) file as a clip.
3. (NEW) "return to menu" for DVD chapter control.
4. (BUG) crashes during DVD export and preview.
5. (BUG) crashes when exporting in MPEG-2 TS.
6. (BUG) export video length error for clips with repeated fields.
7. (BUG) muxer problems for MPEG-2 TS export.
October 2007 Update Release
1. (NEW) control of a bookmark list over the cut list player.
2. (NEW) motion thumbnail for DVD menu design.
3. (BUG) DVD export crashes when the number of chapters too large.
4. (BUG) MP4 batch export crashes when adding the current project.
5. (BUG) editor crashes when loading certain MP4 and AVI files.
6. (BUG) image artifacts in decoded DV-1 video images.
7. (BUG) slow opening for files with incomplete audio.
8. (BUG) audio buffer overflow for MPEG-2 TS export.
July 2007 Update Release
1. (NEW) MP4 Trim function without re-encoding.
2. (NEW) MP4 Batch export.
3. (NEW) User define navigation buttons for DVD menu design.
4. (New) Select "First Play" for DVD export.
5. (BUG) Export crashes when changing PAR in video encoder expert.
6. (BUG) Opening error for MPEG-2 PS with invalid NV-Pack data.
7. (BUG) MPEG Converter tool crashes for certain MPEG-2 TS files.
8. (BUG) MBS Scanner hangs when scanning movies with PCM audio.
9. (BUG) Error in using the "GOP Trim" option control.
10. (BUG) Several UI bugs related to DVD editor.
April 2007 Update Release
1. (NEW) Automatic software update via Womble's web server.
2. (NEW) Deinterlace image processing with field repeat.
3. (NEW) Timebase change detection in MBS Scanner.
4. (BUG) Audio data reading error for some MPEG-2 TS files.
5. (BUG) Export with wrong starting image for video with repeated fields.
6. (BUG) Inconsistency of exported video aspect ratio.
7. (BUG) Error in handling audio PTS jump for certain MPEG-2 TS files.
8. (BUG) Timecode error for MPEG-2 video coded as field pictures.
9. (BUG) Opening error for MPEG-2 TS files with only audio.
10. (BUG) A number of UI bugs related to the Timeline editor.
11. (BUG) A number of UI bugs related to the DVD maker.
12. (BUG) Several Windows Vista compatibility problems.
December 2006 Update Release
1. (NEW) H.264 export for iPod and PSP devices.
2. (BUG) Editor crashes during a trim export on Win98/Win2k.
3. (BUG) Editor crashes when exporting in AVI.
4. (BUG) Video out-of-sync for exported file with large number of clips.
5. (BUG) Erroneous image shift for encoded segment of some clip.
6. (BUG) Several bugs related to the 'cut' function.
October 2006 Update Release
1. (NEW) The 'cut' function for the Input monitor.
2. (NEW) MP4 export for iPod and PSP devices.
3. (BUG) Failure to load MPEG TS file with a leading incomplete GOP.
4. (BUG) GOP fixer failed to write the new file.
5. (BUG) Export format and audio selections inconsistencies.
6. (BUG) Dead loop in exporting video with buffer overflow.
7. (BUG) Incorrect length in reading VOB file with negative time code.
8. (BUG) Incorrect MBS file scanning for movies with changing bit rate.
9. (BUG) Incorrect PID assignment for multiplexing multiple audio streams.
10. (BUG) Incorrect AC-3 audio export for DVD menu background music.
June 2006 Update Release
1. (NEW) Scene change ('cut') detection in the bookmark manager.
2. (NEW) Sound wave form display for clips on the timeline.
3. (NEW) Support for MPEG file with multiple MPEG encoders (MBS).
4. (NEW) Support for adding background music to a DVD menu.
5. (BUG) Export video fade/transition error with aspect ratio change.
6. (BUG) Failure to load other audio for MPEG files with multiple audio streams.
7. (BUG) Minor bugs in the Export and Batch export processing.
8. (BUG) Missing keyboard shortcuts for the timeline.
9. (BUG) Various minor UI bugs and modifications.
10. (NEW) Two new DVD menu templates and several new controls.
March 2006 Update Release
1. (BUG) DVD burning errors with DVD burners of speed more than 1x.
2. (BUG) DVD IFO and menu errors with a number of hardware DVD players.
3. (NEW) Nonstandard DVD image format export without video re-encoding.
4. (BUG) Burn function is removed from the DVD export.
5. (NEW) Updated HTML help on DVD and FAQ's.
February 2006 Release
First release of the new MPEG Video Wizard DVD.
The following are the early history of changes for its predecessor MPEG Video Wizard.
December 2005 Update Release
1. (NEW) Language support for German and Simplified Chinese.
2. (NEW) DirectShow filter support for importing other movie formats.
3. (NEW) Multiple audio streams export for input files with multiple audio streams.
4. (BUG) Incorrect image field structure in re-encoded video segment.
5. (BUG) Incorrect starting audio PTS off by one video frame duration.
6. (BUG) Incorrect field counting at the end of a re-encoded video segment.
7. (NEW) Optimized image preservation in NTSC to PAL conversion for film originated MPEG-2 video.
8. (NEW) Allow bit rate changes for VBR MPEG-2 video without re-encoding.
9. (BUG) Loading errors of certain MPEG-2 Transport files.
10. (BUG) Title editor crashes when changing font on Windows XP.
11. (BUG) Export batch list management errors.
12. (BUG) Selected GOP size compliance option not applied.
13. (NEW) Optional sound alert at the completion of an export job.
September 2005 Update Release
1. (BUG) Problem in selecting AC-3 audio in a multiple AC-3 Transport file.
2. (BUG) Incorrect setting of picture flags including 'repeated_first_field' and 'top_field_first', for re-encoded video segments such as transitions.
3. (BUG) Incorrect output MPEG format and its display for exporting a video-only project.
4. (NEW) Automatic use of the input file name extension when exporting a simple editing project.
5. (BUG) Time code generation errors in de-multiplexer for MPEG files with a nonzero starting time code.
6. (BUG) Opening errors for Transport files with small audio packet size.
7. (BUG) Problems in the export batch job list, including the 'work area' selection and batch list management.
8. (BUG) Cannot add audio shift for MPEG files with non MPEG-1 audio.
9. (NEW) Loading of a BTV cut list XML file in the bookmark manager.
10. (BUG) Drop of audio frames for Transport files in which TS packets for one audio PES packet are interleaved with video TS packets.
11. (BUG) Additional one frame delay for the first video PTS.
June 2005 Update Release
1. (NEW) Shortcut keys for the video speed selections.
2. (BUG) Incorrect length for an MPEG file without video PTS for some GOP's.
3. (BUG) Changed the audio fade from a linear to a quadratic function.
4. (BUG) Premature termination of an export job involving video fades.
5. (BUG) Incorrect time code display in export preview.
6. (BUG) Incorrect length when loading a Transport file with PTS values exceeding of the 32 bit maximum.
7. (BUG) Problem for identifying an AC-3 audio type.
8. (BUG) Cannot preserve the PMT PID of an MPEG-2 Transport file.
9. (BUG) Cannot choose AC-3 audio in export when there is no sound modification.
10. (BUG) Playback skips frames for a video only file.
11. (BUG) Memory overrun (crash) when exporting TS file for TS input files with more than one audio streams.
12. (BUG) Cannot save snapshot image for HD video (1920x1080).
13. (NEW) Audio normalization for MPEG files.
14. (BUG) Program crashes when undoing a paste with locked video clips and video clips with transition.
March 2005 Update Release
1. (BUG) Cannot load the AC-3 audio in MPEG-2 Program stream without sub-stream ID and/or without audio packet PTS data.
2. (BUG) Incorrect export ignoring the "GOP size compliance" option.
3. (BUG) Incorrect video length when loading an MPEG file whose bit rate value is much higher than its actual data rate.
4. (BUG) Incorrect video aspect ratio when a different video stream is selected within a multiple video MPEG file.
5. (BUG) Write more than one video sequence end code to an exported MPEG file.
6. (BUG) Assign a wrong audio encoder for MPEG files whose audio streams do not start on a frame boundary.
7. (BUG) Cannot read AC-3 audio stream in a Transport file in which the AC-3 does not have a proper program map entry.
8. (BUG) Incorrect setting of audio encoder when switching audio stream in a multiple audio Transport file.
9. (BUG) The program hangs when parsing private data of non AC-3 audio.
10. (BUG) Incorrect video length when exporting the combination of 2 MPEG-2 clips of the same video encoder but with different values for the flag 'progressive sequence'.
11. (BUG) Loss of audio for the 2nd video clip which has an audio transition with the 1st video clip.
12. (BUG) Cannot play an MPEG-2 video after some point when the MPEG file has no video PTS for an I-frame which does have a sequence header and valid GOP time code.
13. (BUG) Incorrect loading of an MPEG Transport file which has additional private data stream other than an AC-3 audio.
14. (BUG) Incorrect output video length when converting a PAL video into a frame rate of 60 (or 59.94).
15. (BUG) Audio artifacts ("pop noise") in an export when audio fades are introduced.
16. (BUG) Video artifacts ("pixilation") in an export for video using non default quantization matrices on the fly.
17. (NEW) Update the HTML help document with the addition of FAQ sections.
12-22-2004 Update Release
1. (BUG) Incorrect export of mono audio with stereo input.
2. (BUG) Incorrect time code format for video with drop-frame format.
3. (BUG) Incorrect playing time for data with audio packets missing PTS time stamps.
4. (BUG) DVD compliance error for inserting a GOP header without a sequence header.
5. (BUG) Incorrect MPEG-2 to MPEG-1 conversion for video with repeated field.
6. (BUG) Loading problem for AC-3 audio beginning with an incomplete frame.
7. (BUG) Incorrect frame parsing for 44.1 kHz AC-3 audio.
8. (BUG) Incorrect copying of video sequence header with changing quantization matrices.
9. (BUG) Improved export file size estimate for copied clips.
09-24-2004 Update Release
1. (BUG) Incorrect vertical image copy for MPEG-2 video with vertical size that is not multiple of 32 pixels.
2. (BUG) Video and audio synchronization problem for MPEG files with video PTS jumps.
3. (NEW) Direct reading of ReplayTV index (.evt) file.
4. (BUG) Audio frame skipping for MPEG audio with padding.
5. (BUG) Incorrect field setting for MPEG-2 video at the connecting point
between clips with repeated fields.
6. (BUG) Video frame rate problem in the filtered portion.
7. (BUG) Cannot read audio when MPEG files have error in the system header.
8. (BUG) Incorrect time offset when an I-frame header across 2 packets.
9. (BUG) Incorrect video output when exporting clips of different frame rates.
10. (BUG) MPEG converter cannot handle input files larger than 4 GB.
11. (BUG) Data reading error for video packet stream ID emulation in the
padded sector data of a VCD (Video-CD) file.
12. (BUG) Audio sound artifact when exporting clips with interleaved
copying and encoding segments.
13. (BUG) Incorrect MPEG-1 padding packet header that causes problem for
old Windows Media Player.
14. (BUG) Export crashes when setting the sub-GOP size (M) to zero.
15. (BUG) Incorrect length reading of a VOB file and/or a VRO file.
16. (BUG) A blank image may be added at the end of a transition for MPEG
video with all P-frame encoding.
17. (BUG) Several minor problems with the UI and the monitor video player.
18. (NEW) Added a "My List" to the video effect page to manager selected transitions and filters.
07-30-2004 Update Release
1. (BUG) Multiplexer video data schedule bug when there are video PTS jumps.
06-25-2004 Update Release
1. (BUG) Program crashes when trimming a Transport file.
05-28-2004 Update Release
1. (BUG) Audio file is not deleted when aborting an export job with the
"separate files" option.
04-23-2004 Update Release
1. (NEW) Video filters, starting with the most commonly used ones
including cropper and inverter.
04-02-2004 Update Release
1. (BUG) Frame accuracy problem (one frame off the selected frame) found
in the Timeline display and the Exported file for MPEG-2 video with
03-12-2004 Update Release
1. (NEW) PCM audio output for an MPEG-2 Program and for an audio-only
02-18-2004 Update Release
1. (BUG) Audio may drop out a few frames near the end of a clip,
especially with AC-3 audio.
November 2003 Release
First release of MPEG Video Wizard.